Due to company growth and recent acquisitions, a newly created role has arisen for a forward thinking, part qualified accountant to join a group function of a UK wide business based north of Birmingham city centre, as a Group Tax Accountant on a permanent basis, reporting into the Group Tax Manager. The Group Tax Accountant can expect a salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience.
The Group Tax Accountant position would best suit someone who has experience working within a complex organisation, with lots of fixed asset exposure.
The primary purpose of the position is to assist with the preparation of all UK corporation tax returns within the group and assist with statutory reporting, and tax related VAT submissions.
The business is operating on a hybrid model, 2-3 days in the office and the remainder from home, and also have flexibility with their start and finish time.
Group Tax Accountant Responsibilities:
- Assist with all the preparation required for the external auditors, including corporation tax returns
- Assist with submissions to HMRC, and provide information on the calculations for all corporation tax payments on a quarterly basis
- Assist with the preparation for tax estimates for all statutory accounts within the group & parent company
- Preparation and consolidation of the group fixed asset note
- Preparation of fixed asset registers for core business corporation tax returns
- Assist with the Groups compliance obligations for UK and US GAAP - ensuring legislation is up to date
- Accounting & Finance Degree - or AAT qualified
- Working toward ACCA/CIMA - ideally at least part way through
- Sound knowledge of Statutory Accounting
- Intermediate Excel knowledge - Pivots, Vlookups, sum ifs ect
- Understanding of processes and accounting principles
- Diligent, accurate with high attention to detail
For more information and the full job specification - please do get in touch or apply!
To apply for the Group Tax Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.