Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Bonus
4 months ago
Group Reporting Manager - Sutton Coldfield - 65 - 75k + Bonus
A Service provider in Sutton Coldfield are looking for a Group Reporting Manager to join the business and support their continued global growth and ensure a smooth transition to IFRS reporting, develop the groups policies and procedures, and oversee group reporting and tax to ensure consistency in all regions.
The business has grown year on year through acquisitions and due to their international presence, they have started to see promising signs the market is returning and are now forecasting a return to a new normal. The business has a turnover into the hundreds of millions and are continuously looking for opportunities to add to the group. This will provide a number of opportunities for an ambitious Accountant to support with the M&A activities and will be needed to ensure all new acquisitions are integrated into the group accounts.
This is a great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) with previous consolidation experience and knowledge of IFRS to build things from the ground up, which will include identifying and implementing a new consolidation system and taking ownership for the groups consolidated statutory accounts.
The Group Reporting Manager is a standalone role initially, but as things continue to progress there may be a need to develop a team in the future - The Group FC is available to provide support as and when required. Some of the day to will also include:
- Assisting in the completion of the group's transition from FRS102 to IFRS and controlling the conversion of the Group's management accounting information (prepared under FRS102) to IFRS accounts for year-end statutory accounts
- Preparation of IFRS accounting papers at each year end
- Exercising tight control over the group's year end audit process ensure it runs efficiently and in line with agreed timetables
- Developing the group's reporting software to efficiently streamline the monthly and annual reporting process in all territories
- Consolidating all territories' monthly management accounts and challenging territories results where necessary
- Reporting monthly consolidated results to external stakeholders, including shareholders and the banking syndicate
- Acquisition accounting for global acquisitions
- Updating the group's accounting and tax policies and procedures and ensuring these are adhered to in all territories across the group
- Group tax compliance and strategy, in conjunction with advisors
The right person for the Group Reporting Manager will be:
An ACA or ACCA Qualification will be essential for this role combined with experience in practice (top 10) and a knowledge of consolidations and IFRS - This is a standalone role which will need someone who is confident at this level but also possess a "no job is too small" attitude. Previous experience supporting International entities would also be a benefit with an understanding of basic tax requirements.
In return the business can offer experience that will progress this individual into a Financial Controller position in the future. The management team have high expectations with regards to the quality of work, however, have an autonomous and flexible approach to leading the team with a willingness to support and be hands on where necessary. The business is growing and needs an Accountant who can grow with them - can add value in not only their day job but is willing to go above and beyond to support the wider team.
M&A experience is not essential but would be an advantage.
Individuals making a first move into Industry at a Manager or Senior Manager level from practice will also be considered.
Group Reporting Manager in Sutton Coldfield Package
- £65,000 - £75,000
- 25% Bonus
- 25 Days Holiday