Group Reporting Manager
£70000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
11 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are exclusively engaged with a private equity backed manufacturing group as they undergo a period of significant change and transformation. I am supporting the executive team with the appointment of a Group Reporting Manager to work predominantly on a remotely with the requirement of some travel on a monthly/quarterly basis.
The business in question serves customers internationally, generating revenues of c.£500m and with a growing demand in their primary markets for energy efficiency, environmental protection and sustainability our client is well positioned to undertake a strategic overhaul across their operations and reporting functions, maximising returns and efficiency for their customers.
Our client has two main business units consisting of c legal entities across the globe. The successful candidates will be key interfaces for the leadership teams in each entity, seeking to further develop and formalise reports for the Group Executive Board, Private Equity Investors and external parties such as Banks and External Auditors too.
- Responsible for day to day communication with Legal Entities of the Group (c. 60), sending instructions, handling queries and raising enquiries on the financial submissions received;
- Monitor and manage the process for the preparation of monthly consolidated accounts, to ensure that the month end process runs smoothly, able to meet deadlines ensuring that numbers are properly checked and validated;
- Produce monthly consolidated reports and commentary to the financial information described above, for the Directors of the Group as well as for the PE owner;
- Expertise in specific areas of the IFRS financial reporting, to provide dedicated support and insight to the group Legal Entities;
- Become a super user in the consolidation tool, maintaining and administering the structure and data, and delivering training to other users (both at Group and Legal Entity level) when required;
- Drive a continuous improvement in financial reporting processes aimed at increasing the overall quality of the financial reporting process (i. standardisation, efficiency and accuracy);
- Monitor the performance of the key financial controls across the group, ensure these are adhered to and managed effectively, and identify/follow up exceptions as appropriate;
- Support the Director of Consolidating and Reporting in creating, maintain and enforce policies, procedures and governance to meet compliance requirements set by Group, and to support the achievement of financial targets and objectives set by Group senior management;
- Supervise the activities of the Group Senior Accountant, to ensure the proper performance of tasks assigned within set deadlines and with a high quality standard providing feedbacks, suggestions and council to promote his/her professional development;
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to support the senior management team and the PE shareholder, assist in the realisation of ad hoc projects.
- Act as deputy to the Director for Consolidation and Reporting, providing cover during absences and as needed.