Group Reporting Manager - UK
A leading SAAS client based near Reading with a a strong blue-chip customer base that includes a number of professional services, consultancy, FS and government organisations. Following multiple acquisitions, the UK business has gone through rapid growth.
To now support the ambitious plans for the future as it continues its growth trajectory which is predominantly through an acquisition / integration strategy.
The role context
Following rapid expansion in the UK through acquisition, the business is going through significant transformation across all aspects of the business and the Finance function. We're looking for a bright and agile thinker, who is able to apply strong technical knowledge across a range of areas as we seek to professionalise, integrate and build a finance function capable of exceptional growth within a public listed environment.
Our client is on an ambitious growth path, so desire and ability to problem solve, with a constant improvement mind set is essential. The role will offer tremendous scope for personal development and opportunity to make a significant impact as we build a world class finance function.
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated UK Group Reporting Package, liaising with colleagues to coordinate information required in line with deadlines.
- Variance analysis commentary for UK Group P&L and Balance Sheet, identifying and coordinating information required from operating divisions.
- Preparation of monthly departmental headcount analysis, with variance commentary.
- Involvement in month end close process, to include preparation of key revenue reconciliations, in addition to reviewing work of other team members.
- IT development capex analysis and tracking, including liaison with IT department and Group colleagues.
- Work with UK FC to implement Group policies and procedures, coordinating across UK divisions.
- Develop reports from Netsuite to meet Group reporting requirements.
- Build trend analysis of prior period financial information.
- Ad hoc analysis and group reporting requirements.
- Ad hoc projects to assist divisional management accountants with judgemental / complex accounting.
- Preparation of papers to set out basis of accounting for key areas, and on adoption of new processes / accounting standards for agreement with Group.
Controls and processes
- Work with UK FC to ensure best in class control environment is in place, documented and complied with - to include undertaking monthly checks to validate operation of key controls across the department.
- Liaise with and coach Finance colleagues to ensure efficient and effective control processes across the teams, including month end close checklists, timetables and procedures.
Statutory & Tax reporting
- Coordination / preparation of information required for statutory accounts and corporation tax computations for all UK entities.
- Maintain reconciliations and audit trail from group to statutory reporting.
- Coordination of local statutory accounts audit and corporation tax return preparation. process, including liaison with external auditors and advisers, managing information flows to ensure information provided to external parties is complete, accurate and timely.
- Coordination of quarterly corporation payments on account process.
- Preparation of draft corporation tax computations for in-year provisions, quarterly payments on account and to form basis of annual returns process.
Planning and Management Information
- Working in conjunction with the UK FD and UK MD to support the development of plans/forecasts (Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) for the business.
- Develop management reporting to track, understand and comment on business performance.
- Working in conjunction with the FP&A Manager to assist with Central, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecasting.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA accountant with an excellent academic record;
- Experience of working in a Top 10 UK accounting firm;
- Experience of working in an international group in a reporting role;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge;
- Ideally experience of working with or in a highly automated high transactional volume business;
- Excellent communication and IT skills, ideally experience with using ERP systems.