Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + pension, PHI, bonus
9 months ago
A Large Manufacturing firm in Wolverhampton is seeking an ACA Qualified Accountant to join their Business as Group Reporting & Control Manager. The Group Reporting & Control Manager will earn salary in the range of £65k-£70k + pension + private health care / dental cover + annual bonus.
This is an exciting time to join the company as it goes through a period of growth and significant change. The role will suit a dynamic individual who can work closely with the CFO in ensuring the company's financial targets and objectives are met. You will be working closely with the controls group and divisional finance teams, responsible for providing financial analysis, insight and support to the Operational teams; including reporting, financial planning decision support, strategic direction, financial advice, investments, accounting and maintenance of financial controls with a particular focus on balance sheet reporting and the accounting controls for the UK.
Group Reporting & Control Manager - Responsibilities
- Providing financial support and advice to the UK management team, providing reporting and analysis to support decision making and Group reporting.
- Ensure compliance with Group's accounting policies and procedures in line with US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, international accounting standards.
- Technical accounting lead, subject matter expert supporting accounting reviews and preparation of supporting briefing papers.
- Focal point for preparation of statutory accounts and tax submissions working with external advisors.
- Reporting of actual performance against forecast and budget / long range plan with supporting analysis and commentary in liaison with the controls group, site finance and local management teams.
- Development of a robust set of systems and tools to allow effective business planning and controlling.
- Reporting on all aspects of the Balance Sheet including detailed account substantiation, control safeguards and risk assessments.
- Proactively seek to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Management of two Reporting Analysts
Group Reporting & Control Manager - Who are we looking for?
- Ideally a Chartered Accountant (ACA) who trained with a recognised Audit firm ("1st movers" at Manager or Senior Manager grade are encouraged to apply), ACMA and ACCA Qualified Accountants with relevant experience with also be considered
- Strong financial control skills and technical accounting experience
- The natural ability to influence and develop relationships
- Track record of people management
- Experience of the manufacturing, aviation, aerospace, or automotive sectors is desirable
To apply for the Group Reporting & Control Manager position based in Wolverhampton, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter (Jamie Carter). We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.