City of London, London
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
3 months ago
This very well established global organisation is currently looking to recruit a Group Statutory Accountant. The successful Group Statutory Accountant will be working for an employer who is currently going through a major transformation through out the group which will in turn lead to excellent opportunities for career progression in time.
The Group Statutory Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Group Reporting Manager to ensure the group and subsidiary statutory accounts comply with the UK companies and charities acts, are filed on time and the process to prepare them is sufficiently robust. The role will be to work as part of the Accounting team to support the Group Financial Controller and Group Director of Finance on a variety of projects, providing expert accounting advice. The organisation is committed to providing ongoing career development and has a track record of providing members of the Group Finance team with opportunities for future internal transfers to other roles or teams within Group Finance or elsewhere within the Group.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Experience of the close process, consolidation and production of Group financial statements for an international multicurrency business.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with demonstrable up-to-date knowledge of Companies Act; UK GAAP (FRS102); and Experience of auditing/operating in an international finance function
- Experience of ERP and Management Information Systems at a 'hands on' level.
- Ability to explain complex accounting & financial reporting standards and the implications of their application, simply and concisely to senior managers.
- Needs to be confident; influential; and be regarded as a trusted and credible resource by key stakeholders within finance.
- Needs to be culturally sensitive in implementing initiatives and solutions across teams in different Areas and Business Streams.
- An enthusiastic and committed team player who can establish and maintain strong relationships with business leaders and across the Finance teams.
- Have a 'hands on' approach, visible across the businesses with good communication and other interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships, both internally and externally and use these to inform organisational direction.
- Ability to drive results and operate effectively, demonstrating a sound skill in dealing with ambiguity.
This position has an attractive benefits package including a 4% bonus, a subsidised canteen, a very good pension scheme and London allowance would also be applicable for this role.
To apply for the Group Reporting Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.