Group Operations Director - Leeds / Bradford - Medical - Highly Competitive Salary + Package
Are you a Senior Operations professional with experience of managing multi-site operations across the UK? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you working with one of the market leaders in prosthetic, orthotic and specialist seating products combined with the ability to manufacture bespoke custom-made solutions.
The role holder has overall management responsibility for defined activities and functions within the Group Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing and Facilities across x5 sites. The incumbent will also ensure the highest overall standards of manufacturing, operational, financial & Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality (HSEQ) governance within the business, also the identification and development of opportunities for future profitable growth.
Responsibilities of the Group Operations Director
- Work with Board members & senior managers to set and implement the Group's overall business strategy related to Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing and Facilities.
- Line management of all staff involved in delivering the strategy.
- To ensure that the Group maintains compliance with all statutory standards.
- Monitor operational, financial & budgetary issues, and the P+L.
- Oversee preparation of various monthly reports including work in progress and stock.
- Oversee monthly board reports reviewing the P+L against budget, and including updates on strategic, operational & HSE issues for the above.
- Act as an effective change agent, driving improvement through visible and professional leadership and being proactive.
- Oversee and monitor annual staff appraisals & SMART objectives for direct reports.
- Oversee a framework for internal HSE and DQA audits to ensure they are performed in each area.
- Support in the timely submission of well-prepared tenders & bids.
Skills & Attributes required
- Previously held senior operational role within a complex manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience of managing and motivating high performing teams.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of and comfortable working in a fast paced, flexible organisation
- Diplomatic but also assertive as required.
- Able to prioritise, plan and organise efficiently and work with multiple conflicting priorities.
- Robust judgement and ability to make sound decisions quickly and effectively in complex situations.
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- Have full DBS clearance.
- Full driving licence preferred.
The role of Group Operations Director will ideally be located in the Leeds or Bradford area but will be required to support the remaining businesses located in the Bradford, Midlands and Oxfordshire areas.
If you would like more information please contact Neil Cayley at Gleeson Recruitment at