Are you fed up in your current role and considering your options? Do you have a Management Accounts background with oversight of the payroll and general ledger function? This role could be for you!
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be working exclusively with a high velocity automotive distribution business based in Minworth. They are seeking a Group Management Accountant to focus on their accounting for payroll and overhead costs. Reporting in to the Group Finance Manager with responsibility for Group Assistant Management Accountants, this role will have oversight of multiple sites looking into overheads from a data perspective. You will be able to work with large data sets, be used to working at pace and have the resilience required in a high performing business.
What's On Offer?
- Package up to £55,000
- Hybrid working to support your work/life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
What's The Role?
As Group Management Accountant you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the complete and accurate recording of the monthly operating expenses and payroll for the Group (180 branches)
- To ensure the associated balance sheet control accounts and analyses are correctly stated at month end, including but not limited to:
- Payroll Control Accounts
- Coach and mentor the Group Assistant Management Accountant(s)
- Plan and implement mid-month reviews of fixed cost accounting to ensure resource is optimised to deliver on monthly close timetable
- Complete postings and undertake Payroll and SG&A review with FP&A team on Working Day 3-4 and post identified adjustments before period close on WD5
- Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed on time and reconciling items investigated and resolved monthly
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience:
- ICAEW/ACCA/CIMA qualified with previous experience in industry
- Professional curiosity to challenge outputs with ability to efficiently investigate and identify any issue(s) together with proposing required solutions.
- Knowledge of FRS 102
- Experience of cost centre accounting in a multilocation business
- Experience of managing time and tasks of another member of staff through the month end close, to tight deadlines
If this sounds like something you would be keen to explore, I would love to hear from you - either click to apply or give me a call!