Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be working with an industry leading property consultancy who are seeking a Group Internal Auditor to join their team in Birmingham. This role will report into the Group Head of Risk and Audit and will benefit of high profile exposure to senior management at group and operational level. This Group Internal Auditor role works to deliver the audit plan, undertaking one audit per month. There is extensive room for development and progression in this role with clear routes into commercial roles in the FP&A team.
What's On Offer?
- Package up to £50,000
- £6,000 car allowance
- 25% bonus scheme
- Hybrid & flexible working
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Medical and life insurance
- 5% pension scheme
As Group Internal Auditor you will be responsible for the following:
- Planning internal audit reviews, including the development and agreement of audit scopes and logistics.
- Performing internal audit reviews at operating companies which assess and test the design and operating effectiveness of controls (both financial and non-financial).
- Assisting with the group-wide risk management process; supporting and training operating companies in risk management methodology and assessing / advising on operating company risk registers.
- Identifying and documenting control deficiencies and assessing the severity of associated risks.
- Recommending cost-effective improvements which are agreed with management.
- Preparing and presenting reports that reflect the results of audit and risk management work performed.
- Tracking and verifying the completion of audit actions in accordance with timelines agreed with management.
- Performing ad-hoc project work relating to risk management, controls, assurance and business processes as it arises
The ideal candidate for this role will already have line management experience along with:
- Qualified chartered accountant. Likely to have big 4 or similar experience.
- Ideally internal audit and risk management experience, preferably including exposure to the manufacturing sector and international operations.
- Integrity and sound independent judgement essential.
- Self-confident with strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate at all levels within the organisation as well as with external parties.
- Willing to undertake travel (up to 20%) within the UK and overseas, possibly at relatively short notice.
- Able to produce professional reports, written in a style suitable for presentation to senior management.
- Attention to detail but also ability to see the bigger picture.
- Computer literate with good spreadsheet skills.
- A self-starter with the desire to learn and ambition to progress further.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!