7 months ago
We are supporting a FTSE 250 organisation based in North Nottinghamshire to help them find an ACA qualified accountant, to join them as Group Financial Reporting Manager, with a clear career progressing plan to move up to Head of Group Finance based on performance in the first 18 months of employment. Salary and package will be at a competitive level.
Managing a team of 4, you'll report in to the Group Finance Director and be developed up to Group Financial Controller level over a 2-3 year period. You and the team will take full responsibility in the preparation and review of PLC financial statements, review of subsidiary accounts and preparation of the consolidated board reporting pack. You will manage, coach and develop a team with responsibilities for group reporting and treasury management. This will entail bringing in and developing new talent where appropriate, seeking efficiencies, centralising, continuous assessment and motivation. You'll also provide technical accounting advice to senior management and members of the wider finance team. Including in relation to new accounting standards (IFRS 9, 15 & 16). Finally, you'll assist with the on-boarding of new acquisitions including acquisition accounting, alignment of accounting policies, systems and processes.
- A qualified chartered accountant (ACA) with a strong financial accounting background
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to work credibly at the most senior levels, including Board
- Ability to drive change across process, systems and people
- Excellent influencing skills - must be capable of influencing a wide range of people across the organisation including senior management
- Highly self-motivated, with intellectual ability to cope with complex situations and ability to deal with change / complexity
- Strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong technical accounting and analytic skills