Solihull, West Midlands
£75000.00 - £90000 per annum + car, bonus, pension, healthcare
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller for a very profitable multi-site business based in Solihull who are part of a larger Group.
This is an amazing opportunity to get involved in an ever changing, fast moving business who are going to be involved in some very exciting M&A projects over the next 12/18 months. You must be fully qualified and will have strong technical accounting knowledge coupled with strong team management skills. You will be responsible for the internal and external reporting, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and the maintenance of appropriate financial controls.
The successful Group Financial Controller will be a highly competent senior finance professional with a proven track record in a similar leadership role. The finance culture is collaborative and open and puts its people at the heart of its performance strategy. The Group are a well know brand who operate globally and therefore the opportunities are endless for someone with true ambition. You will be working with a small and talented team who understand how the business operates but need guidance in setting up new processes and procedures to support this growth.
As the Group Financial Controller you will responsible for:
- Delivering the end to end Financial Reporting processes (including the preparation of financial statements, returns, dividend declarations and other internal and external financial reporting), ensuring operational efficiency and compliance with internal and external controls.
- Manage and co-ordinate processes by setting accurate timetables, key performance metrics and guidance to ensure delivery to agreed timescales and customer requirements.
- Manage a highly motivated, innovative and customer-focused finance team, developing talent and a performance management culture that drives value through staff engagement.
- Proactively build knowledge of the business and the industry in order to support key decisions.
- Manage the external audit process.
- Execute the delivery of UK consolidated reporting, information packs, commentary and respond to ad-hoc requests to support the FD in providing insights to enable the business to make effective strategic and operational decisions.
- Interpret and disseminate Group Accounting and external body guidance (such as the Accounting Standards Board), support processes and the implementation of those processes in shared services to ensure any changes are properly reflected.
- Maintain accounting policies and manuals and the provision of expert accounting advice to all parts of the business to ensure compliance and maximisation of value to Linnaeus.
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance operational efficiency through best practice.
- Business partnering with subject matter experts in finance and other functions.
- Interpreting and communicating complex financial concepts to senior stakeholders.
- Maintain a robust and compliant control environment.
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to the wider financial reporting team as and when required.
- Participate as a key member of the Leadership team driving the right cultures and behaviours across the wider organisation.
As the successful Group Financial Controller you will be:
- Fully qualified ACA / CIMA / ACCA / with appropriate post qualification experience and have previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong academic background and experience with fast-paced, large volume, dynamic operation.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of financial reporting and controls.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
- Transaction and close process management.
- Governance risk and control.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong team management skills.
- Fun personality.
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Group Financial Controller:
- Base salary of £70k - £90K dependant on experience
- Car allowance
- Career progression