Group Financial Controller - Nottinghamshire - Hybrid working - 75 - 85k + Car + Equity
Gleeson Recruitment Group are leading the search for a Group Financial Controller to join a private equity backed service provider in Nottinghamshire. This is a great opportunity to become a key member of the executive team for a growing organisation and provide exceptional leadership to a growing finance team. With so much change taking place, there is plenty to keep you busy!
The business provides a high-quality service across 160 sites in the Midlands and North of England and directly supports over 650 individuals. Over the next five years there is a significant growth plan to double their turnover and build up towards a sale.
The Group Financial Controller role will report directly into the CFO and work closely with the CEO, providing detailed financial insight and the opportunity to build commercial and strategic experience. The business is very profitable and will continue growing organically and through acquisitions. The finance team are well established with several long-standing members; however, there will be plenty of opportunities to improve processes e.g., month end needs to be reduced from 2 weeks and a need to restructure and recruit two key members to build a business partnering function.
The CFO has been with the business for several years and is looking to find a successor who is hungry to learn and potentially step into a Finance Director role in the future or continue building their experience within PE backed organisations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Mange the production of accurate and timely management accounts
- Recruit and support the Finance Business Partner in providing commercial insight to the group, including preparing the budget and forecast model
- Manage the transactional finance team to ensure timely collection of debtors and ensure payroll is accurate
- Produce the consolidation model for the board pack including P&L, Balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Liaise with the auditors and manage the year end audit process including statutory accounts production
The right person for this role will have previous experience in a technical accounting role and can provide evidence of building good relationships with operations and business partnering. The ability to lead a team is crucial, and a willingness to be hands on providing support and development opportunities. Accounting for acquisitions and preparing for disposals will be an advantage and the ability to work directly with the leadership team. ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualification is essential. The CFO is very open to profiles and is happy to consider individuals making a first move into Industry from practice (Manager or Senior Manager), a confident Finance Manager who is looking for a step up to a Financial controller role or an experienced individual who is looking for a change of environment.
Package on offer:
- £75,000 - £85,000
- Car Allowance
- Equity is available after probation
- Private medical
- Hybrid working is available with 3 days (this will reduce over time)