Group Financial Controller
£70000 - £80000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are proud to be partnering alongside a highly successful and growing PE backed business to recruit a Group Financial Controller in Redditch.
This is a great opportunity for someone to operate as a number 2 and work closely alongside the CFO.
This role provides vast exposure across the business and will give a great opportunity for someone to mould, shape and develop the finance function. You will be empowered to make improvements and develop new systems and processes, suiting someone naturally 'hands on'.
As a Group Financial Controller, your responsibilities will comprise but not be limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the finance team, including all operational aspects of the group finance function
- Responsibly for developing and improving group financial systems
- Oversee preparation of all financial reporting, including management and statutory accounts, budgeting and forecasting
- Oversee weekly management information and KPIs to drive profitability and minimise risk
- Mentor, support and develop members of the Finance team
- Other ad-hoc projects, as required by the CFO
The Profile for this Group Financial Controller
- Qualified Accountant , likely to be practice trained ACA but would also consider industry ACCA or CIMA
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to deal with finance/non-finance stakeholders
- Strong systems/process improvement background
- Hands-on, with an ability to operate at both high level and in the detail