Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a very established organisation in the Walsall area to recruit a Group Financial Controller. This role will report into the Group FD and will be responsible for for the weekly, period-end accounting, financial reporting and internal controls.
The business are a privately owned FMCG business who have been experiencing organic growth over the last few years and are seen as a major player in their industry with no plans of slowing down their growth plans.
The Group Financial Controller for Walsall's responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the finance team, including all operational aspects of the group finance function
- Oversee preparation of all financial reporting, including management and statutory accounts, budgeting and forecasting
- Consolidation of monthly and annual accounts
- Acting as the liaison for the banks and the external accounting firm
- Understanding and supporting the business on profitable business growth, highlighting opportunities and risks
- Leading the preparation of tax calculations
- Development and strengthening of internal controls
- Control of business systems, providing insight and challenge to fellow senior managers.
The right person for the Group Financial Controller role will be:
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- Line management experience
- Strong management and stat accounts knowledge with a hands-on mindset
- Continuously looking for process improvements can be made
Group Financial Controller in Walsall Package:
- £80,000 - £90,000