£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a £100+ million turnover business in Cannock, who are on the lookout for a Group Financial Controller due to continued growth.
Reporting directly into the Finance Director and managing a large team of both qualified accountants and transactional staff, this is a great opportunity for a candidate looking for the next step in their career.
The Group financial Controller will require a candidate with a solid technical understanding, perhaps making a first mover from the profession or already with some experience in industry.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for the group and five business units
- Delivering strategic finance projects, in order to help drive profitable growth and professionalise the business to help with scalability
- Management of a team which comprises of financial planning, accounts receivable and payable, financial reporting, capitol projects, payroll, treasury and tax
- Ownership of technical finance matters, such as assessing the impact of changes in accounting standards, appraising accounting policies, and accounting for complex areas
- Work closely with the FP&A team and other senior internal stakeholders
- Responsible for preparing the consolidated annual budget
- Training and development of members of the finance team
- Responsibility of cash flows and treasury management, including both working capital management and the maintenance of loan covenants
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) is required
- Experience of managing a team (preferable)
- Group consolidation experience
- Strong process and controls experience