Coventry, West Midlands
£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + Bonus
5 months ago
Group Financial Controller - Coventry - 75 - 85k & Bonus
I am looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller for a business based in Coventry. The role is available due to an internal promotion and will offer the successful candidate a breadth of experience and progression into a Finance Director role in the future.
You will ideally be ACA qualified, have trained in practice and therefore have strong technical accounting knowledge including UK GAAP and IFRS. A key requirement will be previous experience within a technical role with a PLC. You will be part of the senior leadership team and will provide information to aid decision making. You should genuinely enjoy developing people and will have the autonomy to manage your team and workload as you see fit.
The successful candidate will ensure the business operates within a framework of robust financial controls, procedures and policies. You will deal with the regulatory requirements across the Group, as well as risk management and governance. You will also be involved in adding value and providing insightful analysis to aid decision making.
You will also support the CFO and Executive team in ad hoc projects from time to time.
Main responsibilities of the role are:
- Ensuring strong systems of financial governance and controls are in place throughout the Group Continually improve the financial control environment, ensuring all actions and review points from Business Assurance are remediated.
- Direct and control the advance recognition and implementation of changes in IFRS, and provide technical guidance on complex accounting issues and the Group's consolidation reporting systems.
- Accountable for consistent and efficient reporting, systems and standard operating procedures across the business
- Ownership of group accounting policies including assessment of the impact of new accounting standards Assessment, development and implementation of strong financial controls and governance
- Management of the internal control environment, ensuring its suitability for the company's current and planned public market obligations and ensuring appropriate policies and controls are in place to deliver business plans.
- Responsible for the preparation of external financial Group reporting and managing the complexities around multi-currency, global entities, and local statutory obligations
- Coordinate with the Investor Relations team to deliver external financial information Lead the coordination of the external audit to deliver a clean audit report on time ensuring that the audit team work efficiently and effectively with internal resources
- Detailed monthly review of legal entities, working with local financial controllers, ensuring variances are properly explained, accounting policies are adhered to and consolidate into group financial summary
- Oversight of transactional finance team ensuring robust control measures, timely and accurate delivery to the business, consistently seeking process improvements
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Group Financial Controller:
- £75,000 - £85,000
- Bonus up to 20%
- Career progression