£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Career Progression
3 months ago
I am looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller for a PE backed service business based in Redditch. This is a great opportunity to work with a fantastic CFO who puts people at the top of his agenda to ensure he gets the best out of them. The role is available due to an internal promotion and will offer the successful candidate a breadth of experience and progression.
You will ideally be ACA qualified, have trained in practice and therefore have strong technical accounting knowledge including UK GAAP and IFRS. You will work closely with a very talented CFO who has extensive knowledge of the business and this sector. You will be part of the senior leadership team and will provide information to aid decision making. You should genuinely enjoy developing people and will have the autonomy to manage your team and workload as you see fit.
The successful Group Financial Controller will be working for a well-respected brand who have won awards for their products. The culture is fun, flexible and hard working. The successful candidate will ensure the UK business operates within a framework of robust financial controls, procedures and policies. You will deal with the regulatory requirements across the Group, as well as risk management and governance. You will also be involved in adding value and providing insightful analysis to aid decision making.
You will also support the CFO and Executive team in ad hoc projects from time to time.
As the Group Financial Controller you will take full accountability for the numbers as well as get involved with various ad hoc projects.
Main responsibilities of the role are:
- Management of the statutory audit process and statutory accounts production, including regular liaison with the audit team.
- Production of monthly Group and UK management accounts and input into the monthly preparation of the board pack.
- Review of the European subsidiary reporting results.
- Significant involvement in the production of the annual budget and half year reforecast.
- Maintenance of the Group's liquidity modelling and cash flow forecast.
- Submission of VAT and corporation tax returns with assistance from the Group's external advisors.
- Assist the Group CFO in managing and developing a Finance Team.
As the successful Group Financial Controller you will:
- Be a fully qualified Chartered Accountant
- Have experience of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Have strong internal controls and process improvement
- Be an excellent communicator with the genuine ability to interact at all levels
- Have strong team leadership skills
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Group Financial Controller:
- Base salary of £60K - £70K
- Bonus up to 20%
- Career progression
- Supportive CFO