Solihull, West Midlands
£904 - £75000 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
8 months ago
Are you looking to get experience within the fast growth world of Private Equity where hard work and ambition are rewarded and where you will gain a full suite of commercial skills including M&A. Are you looking to take the next step in your career - perhaps straight from Practice or as a 2nd time mover who has gained strong technical skills but is looking to move into a more commercially focussed role.
This is a brilliant opportunity to do all of this and more. You will be working with a phenomenal CFO who has a fantastic track record in this space and values people above everything else. Transparency and trust are high on the agenda as well as continued fast growth to take this already highly profitable business to the next stage of its lifecycle.
- Group Financial Controller with M&A
- PE Backed
- £70 / £75 K plus car and strong benefits
- Interviews Tuesday 8th October
The successful Group Financial Controller will be working for a well-respected business who have won awards for their products as well as their culture which is fun, flexible and hard working. The successful candidate will ensure the group operates within a framework of robust financial controls, procedures and policies. You will also be involved in adding value and providing insightful analysis to aid decision making and support M&A activity from inception through to completion.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in an ever changing, highly acquisitive business who are going to be involved in some very exciting projects over the next 24 months. You will ideally be ACA qualified, have trained in practice and therefore have strong technical accounting knowledge. You will work closely with a very talented CFO who genuinely enjoys developing people and will allow you the autonomy to manage your team and workload as you see fit.
As the Group Financial Controller you will take full accountability for the numbers as well as get involved with various projects.
Main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Team management and development
- Full understanding of company profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Oversee smooth month-end closing & consolidation process
- Maintain robust internal control environment
- The delivery of management and statutory reporting, including analysis and supporting information
- Supporting the CFP with the co-ordination of the annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and strategic planning processes
- Managing the team to ensure all deadlines are met, accounts and reports are accurate and statutory obligations adhered to
- M&A projects and due diligence
As the successful Group Financial Controller you will be / have:
- A fully qualified Chartered Accountant with UK GAAP experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels
- Strong team management skills
- A solutions focussed individual who has a drive to succeed
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Group Financial Controller:
- Base salary of £65,000 - £75,000
- Car allowance
- Career progression and development
- Fast paced, dynamic and fun environment to work in