Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £55000 per annum + 25% bonus, FX Car, DC Pension etc
10 days ago
A large, successful, multinational PLC based in Birmingham, West Midlands, is seeking its next rising star, initially employed as their Group Financial Accountant. We are seeking an ambitious Big 4 or Top 10 trained Qualified Accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA) who is ready to take the next step in their career, and join a global business renowned for their quality and expertise in their market sector.
As Group Financial Accountant, your key responsibilities will include assistance and preparation of:
- Monthly Group management accounts and Board report.
- Group Consolidation Accounting.
- Review and follow-up of issues identified during monthly management accounts reviews, including identification and resolution of potential issues or exposures.
- Delivery of Annual and Interim financial reporting, including provision of financial information to the external auditors.
- UK subsidiary statutory accounts under FRS 101.
- Group tax and treasury management, including involvement and liaison with, and provision of information to, external tax advisers and banks.
- Periodic review and challenge of accounting records and performing internal control reviews of subsidiary businesses.
- Financial reporting and due diligence in relation to subsidiary acquisitions & disposals, including post-acquisition integration.
- Ad-hoc financial analysis as requested by the Board.
The successful Group Financial Accountant will be a Big 4 or Top 10 trained Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA), with 1-2 years post qualification experience, preferably including exposure to group accounting/consolidations with international operations. You will be up-to-date with technical accounting standards (FRS 101 and IFRS), competent with MS Excel and able to balance financial reporting and commercial considerations sensibly.
In person we seek a self-starter, with a desire to learn and progress; someone self-confident with strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate at all levels within the organisation as well as with external parties.
The Group Financial Accountant role will involve some fully-expensed travel, both in the UK and internationally, therefore we require someone able to have some flexibility to accommodate for this.
PACKAGE: The Group Financial Accountant will receive a fantastic remuneration, with base salary between £50,000 - £55,000, plus a fully expensed Car, 25% annual bonus scheme, defined contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, and other flexible benefits (further detail provided on application).
Most importantly is the guaranteed career progression within the business, whether in the UK or internationally, and across different disciplines should you wish. This really is just the start!
To apply for the Group Financial Accountant position in Birmingham, West Midlands, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to us. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch directly if you would like any further information. Thank you.