Group Financial Accountant
£50000 - £55000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment are recruiting for a Group Financial Accountant for a superb FCMG business based in Wolverhampton. The company is a well-respected group, boasting numerous financial successes in recent years. As a market leader for compensation packages, employee benefit schemes and progression routes, this is one of the UK's most enviable employers, and there's never been a better time to join.
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified accountant looking to take their first step into industry. The role comes with a salary of £55k and the desirable option of hybrid working.
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, the Group Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Leading the production of regular financial reports for multiple subsidiaries within the group to IFRS standards
- Consolidation of monthly reporting packs, and presentation of financial information
- Reviewing financial submissions by the reporting and FP&A functions to ensure accuracy and validity
- Preparing insight and analysis of the group's financial position using historic data, and generating tools to support forward-thinking commercial decision-making
- Supporting the group's internal controls, compliance and policy implementation and maintenance, in line with any industry policy changes
- Acting as a proactive member of the team to provide information to external auditors
- Working collaboratively with the internal controls and audit teams to ensure a smooth year end procedure
- Supporting the Group Reporting Manager with production of financials for year end statutory accounts across the group
- Continuous improvement of reporting tools and systems, including various ERP projects when required
- Championing the importance of adherence to controls and reporting standards to other finance teams
The ideal candidate will be ACA or CA qualified with a background in a Top 20 UK accountancy firm, either from an audit or accounting background. Those ACCA qualified with significant industry experience are also welcome to apply.
The right person for this job will be proactive, forward-thinking and able to cope with an industry that is fast-paced and likely to be ever-changing. Candidates from any sector background can be considered.