Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£45000.00 - £55000 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension, PHS
7 months ago
Outstanding opportunity for a Group Financial Accountant, to join a successful global PLC, with a UK turnover of c£75m, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. This is an excellent time to be joining the business as they continue to grow and take market share worldwide, staying at the forefront of technology.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in preparing consolidated monthly, quarterly and other periodic management accounts, and other reports, for the Group Executive Team and plc Board.
- Develop reporting to collect and report more relevant and timely information.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in preparing the consolidated half year Interim Report and full year Annual Report and Accounts.
- Prepare statutory accounts for the Group's subsidiary companies.
- Prepare information to be used in reports and presentations to the City and to other stakeholders.
- Prepare information requests from the Office of National Statistics.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in managing the process of transition to the new GAAP financial reporting environment.
- Attend technical courses and provide support and guidance to the Group's subsidiary Finance Directors and Controllers.
- Provide technical accounting updates to the Group's finance staff.
- Act as key contact and manage the relationship with the Group's transactional banking contacts to ensure the smooth running of the Group's treasury operations.
- Manage the Group's banking facilities and on-line banking systems.
- Manage all transactional queries from subsidiary companies.
- Manage and administer the Group's credit cards including issuance, daily usage and cancellation.
- Manage and administer the Group's requirements for bonds and guarantees.
- Manage foreign currency cash flows across the Group.
- Authorise Head Office payments, provide support to subsidiaries in payment processing and sign cheques where appropriate.
Cash flow forecasting:
- Review and issue consolidated cash flow forecasts for the Group.
- Develop and refine the approach to cash flow forecasting to provide more accurate and timely information for management.
- Prepare corporation tax computations and returns for all Group statutory entities.
- Prepare tax provisioning calculations.
- Manage corporation tax payments across the Group.
- Liaise with HMRC in relation to all tax correspondence.
- Manage the process of iXBRL tagging.
- Deputise for the Financial Controller as required
The successful Group Financial Accountant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA / ICAEW / ICAS, ACCA), and likely to be trained in a Big 4 or Top 10 accountancy practice - a 1st or 2nd time mover. We can also consider industry trained Financial Accountants ideally with solid exposure to group accounting/ consolidations with international operations. You will be technically strong (IFRS, FRS 101/ 102)
A working knowledge of MS Office and Cognos would also be beneficial as these technologies are used extensively.
The package on offer for this excellent Group Financial Accountant role based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, is a base salary of between £50,000 - £55,000 (dependant on experience), £6000 car allowance & a 15% bonus, plus a defined contribution pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, free parking, career progression, and other flexible benefits that will financially enhance your overall package.
To apply for the Group Financial Accountant role, please apply with your most recent CV to this advert at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Please note, this Group Financial Accountant role is based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, and is also easily commutable from Chesterfield, Matlock, the Peak District in North Derbyshire; Worksop, Mansfield, North Nottinghamshire; Rotherham and Doncaster areas.