Outstanding opportunity for a Group Financial Accountant, to join a successful global PLC, with a UK turnover of c£75m, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. This is an excellent time to be joining the business as they continue to grow and take market share worldwide, staying at the forefront of technology.
The Group Financial Accountant role will be involved in all financial aspects of reporting and accounting, as well as financial project work as required. Key responsibilities are:
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in preparing consolidated monthly, quarterly and other periodic management accounts, and other reports, for the Group Executive Team and plc Board.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in preparing the consolidated half year Interim Report and full year Annual Report and Accounts.
- Prepare statutory accounts for the Group's subsidiary companies.
- Prepare information to be used in reports and presentations to the City and to other stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in managing the process of transition to the new GAAP financial reporting environment.
- Attend technical courses and provide support and guidance to the Group's subsidiary Finance Directors and Controllers.
- Provide technical accounting updates to the Group's finance staff.
- Act as key contact and manage the relationship with the Group's transactional banking contacts to ensure the smooth running of the Group's treasury operations.
- Manage the Group's banking facilities and on-line banking systems.
- Review and issue consolidated cash flow forecasts for the Group.
- Prepare corporation tax computations and returns for all Group statutory entities.
The Group Financial Accountant that we seek will be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA / ICAEW / ICAS, ACCA), and likely to be trained in a Big 4 or Top 10 accountancy practice - a 1st or 2nd time mover. We can also consider industry trained Financial Accountants with solid exposure to group accounting/ consolidations with international operations. You will be technically strong (UK Gaap and IFRS), and good with IT systems and spreadsheets.
In person we seek a self-starter, someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident liaising with senior stakeholders and external parties. You will be able to build relationships at all levels, work as part of a small professional team, and whilst having excellent attention to detail, be able to see the bigger picture.
The package on offer for this excellent Group Financial Accountant role is a base salary of between £45,000 - £55,000 (dependant on experience) base salary, plus a £6k car, plus a 15% bonus potential. There is also a 5% matched contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, free parking, 25 days holiday (bank hols on top), career progression, and other flexible benefits that will financially enhance your overall package.
To apply for the Group Financial Accountant role in Sheffield, please apply with your most recent CV to this advert at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Please note, this Group Financial Accountant role is based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, and is also easily commutable from Chesterfield, Matlock, the Peak District in North Derbyshire; Worksop, Mansfield, North Nottinghamshire; Rotherham and Doncaster areas.