Group Finance Manager, Coventry, Circa £55,000 plus benefits
Overview of Role
As Group Finance Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Finance Department and directly manage the Accounts Manager and transactional team, to ensure the Group Accounts Department is efficiently maintained, managing strategy and operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Board of Directors and the Chairman, you will be responsible for preforming the Cash Flow Management on All Bank Accounts, overseeing Monthly Management Accounts from Sage. You will be a fresh pair of eyes, to set up new accounts procedures, conduct due diligence on potential acquisitions, and implement new processes within the department. Financial Services experience is an absolute must.
Other Group Finance Manager duties include:
- Annually prepare Group Budgets for each division and meet with heads of departments and Directors.
- Daily look at bank accounts and maintain balances , to transfer Loans between companies.
- Set up new Account Procedures and Systems and Controls for the Accounts/Finance Department so that they produce Accurate finance statements.
- Meet with Industry Software Companies for problems and enhancements to the systems.
- Attend quarterly meetings with Heads of Branches and Directors on the strategies for best practice representing the Accounts Department.
- Review the Monthly Management Accounts with the Accounts Manager.
- Group reporting to the board.
- Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss.
- Set up and implement improvements in time saving, best practice and cost reductions.
Line Manager Responsibilities
Managing the Accounts Manager, with a dotted line to the transactional team, you will carry out staff appraisals, mentor and develop the team and assist with the accountancy studies for 2 members of staff.
What do you need to be considered?
You will be an experienced individual, who is able to demonstrate a competent level of managing staff within a Finance Department of an SME Financial Services business. Experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel and Sage Line 50 and Acturis are essential. You will be a qualified accountant or equivalent, with full working knowledge of FCA requirements and full understanding of 'Client Money handling'. We are looking for people who want to be valued, make change and work for a growing and forward thinking business.