Gleeson Recruitment Group are partnering with an exciting business currently recruiting for a Group Finance Manager position within their Birmingham team. The role assists the Financial Controller and their key stakeholders in analysing and reporting on the key business drivers, with emphasis on company and store performance and cost control.
As Group Finance Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring the group is preparing financial reporting in accordance with IFRS accounting standards and group requirements
- Management of month/quarter/year end financial reporting processes and assisting with the audit process
- Review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analysis
- Review and analyse reserves across the group
- The ability to understand explain complex accounting issues to non-finance stakeholders
- Understanding differences between group and local level accounting requirements and impacts
- Support local teams with statutory accounting preparation and issues as they arise
- To identify process and reporting improvement opportunities at consolidation
- Investigation of and reporting on any identified control weaknesses or control failures
- Recommend and help implement control improvements necessary to the financial reporting process
- Support management in building controls awareness and skills among local finance teams with a view to strengthening internal controls
- The development of corporate accounting procedures and best practices
- Assist with implementing new processes that provide a more robust control environment across sites
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate for this Group Finance Manager position will possess the following
- A highly motivated Qualified Accountant (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA) preferably making their second move from an accountancy practice.
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to handle large volumes of data.
- Strong business partnering skills and analytical skills - able to provide calculated, commercial and operational support as well as challenge
- Attention to detail and "Can do" attitude
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders across the business via appropriate means
- Organised approach with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience in a manufacturing or engineering operation is advantageous
What's On Offer?
- Salary of £50,000/60,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme and car allowance
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!