Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Gleeson recruitment croup are currently partnering with a large business based in Sutton Coldfield to appoint a Group Finance Manager. This is an existing role that has been developed due to the company's expansion and success over recent years. My client operates in an ever changing industry that moves at a fast pace, thy are performing extremely well even in the current climate.
the Group finance manager will ideally be suited to a practice trained candidate (ACA qualified) who has industry experience but first movers from the profession would also be considered for the role.
The Group Accounting Manager will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the completion of the group's transition to IFRS
- Preparation of IFRS accounting papers at each year end
- Exercising tight control over the group's year end audit process ensure it runs efficiently and in line with agreed timetables
- Developing the group's reporting software to efficiently streamline the monthly and annual reporting process in all territories
- Consolidating all divisional monthly management accounts and challenging results where necessary
- Reporting monthly consolidated results to external stakeholders
- Selection and implementation of consolidation system
- Acquisition accounting
- Updating the group's accounting and tax policies and procedures and ensuring these are adhered to in all territories across the group
- Group tax compliance and strategy, in conjunction with advisors
- Special projects as required
The ideal candidate will:
- Be technically proficient: Top 10 trained ACA
- Be methodical with a keen eye for detail - the candidate should be able to demonstrate experience of running year end processes to a strict timetable and being able to follow though on commitments in a timely manner.
- Thrive within a fast-paced and pressurised environment
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence
- Beneficial but not necessary to have M&A experience