Birmingham, West Midlands
£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + bonus, pension, healthcare
over 1 year ago
Are you looking to take a step into your first Finance Director role? Are you tired of the Corporate world where things can be slow because of all the red tape? Are you looking for a role where you can genuinely make a difference and support fast growth through insightful commercial analysis? Look no further!
This FD role will allow the successful individual to put their own stamp on things, be part of the senior management team and be involved in key decisions that make commercial sense. This is a fast growth business who operate a very strong profit margin and who are backed by a large US listed business.
This is a very broad FD role and will see you contribute to all things commercial including M&A activity. It's also a brilliant opportunity to work closely with a phenomenal MD who has a proven track record in this sector and who values people above everything else.
Transparency and trust are high on the agenda, as well as continued fast growth to take this already highly profitable business to the next stage of its lifecycle.
- Group Finance Director
- Birmingham City Centre
- £75 / £85 K plus bonus
The successful Group Finance Director will be working for a well-respected business who have a fantastic service offering and work with an array of global businesses in Europe, Asia and America. The culture is fun, flexible and hard working. The successful candidate will ensure the group operates within a framework of robust financial controls, procedures and policies. You will also be involved in adding value and providing insightful analysis to aid decision making and support M&A activity from inception through to completion.
This is a great opportunity to work with a highly acquisitive business and who will be involved in some very exciting projects over the next 18 months. You will be a fully qualified Accountant and have operated in an SME environment. You will have real autonomy to make this role your own and to manage the team to deliver the financial objectives set. As the FD you will be on the senior management team and will work closely with a very talented MD who has a natural ability and strong track record of building highly profitable businesses.
As the Group Finance Director you will take full accountability for the numbers as well as get involved with various projects which will include M&A.
Main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Team management and development
- Full understanding of company profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Oversee smooth month-end closing & consolidation process
- Maintain robust internal control environment
- The delivery of management and statutory reporting, including analysis and supporting information
- Supporting the CFO with the co-ordination of the annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and strategic planning processes
- Managing the team to ensure all deadlines are met, accounts and reports are accurate and statutory obligations adhered to
- M&A projects and due diligence
As the successful Group Finance Director you will be / have:
- A fully qualified Accountant
- Strong team management skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels
- A solutions focussed individual who has a drive to succeed
- A sense of humour
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Group Finance Director:
- Base salary of £75,000 - £85,000
- Career progression and development
- Fast paced, dynamic and fun environment to work in