£60000.00 - £65000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment are delighted to have been exclusively appointed to support with the recruitment for a Group Consolidation and Reporting Accountant opportunity.
The business in question are a market leading organisation based in Nuneaton.
Reporting to the Finance Director the Group Consolidation and Reporting Accountant is responsible for performing the group consolidation, producing financial statements and managing the audit process. Additional areas of involvement will involve providing information key to internal stakeholders, while meeting the requirements set by accounting standards.
- Involvement in day to day communication with Legal Entities of the Group, sending instructions, handling queries and raising enquiries on the financial submissions received
- Collation and review of month end accounts reports and other periodical reports submitted by the Legal Entities, to ensure both that the month end process runs smoothly and that numbers are properly checked and validated, to ensure a reliable basis for consolidation
- Support in the preparation of periodical consolidated reports and commentary to financial information for the Directors of the Group as well as for other internal stakeholders
- Become a super user in the consolidation tool, maintaining and administering the structure and data, and delivering training to other users (both at Group and Legal Entity level) when required
- Provide dedicated support and insight to the group Legal Entities and Business Units regarding specific IFRS topics relevant for financial reporting
Assist the Consolidation & Reporting Manager in driving a continuous improvement in financial reporting processes aimed at increasing the overall quality of the financial reporting process (i.e. standardisation, efficiency and accuracy)
Critically review existing processes to identify improvement opportunities and in particular automation and simplification
The successful candidate will be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA) with relevant experience in the areas listed on the job description.
You must have strong functional and technical knowledge of IFRS, and experience of the production of statutory accounts within a group environment Group reporting and consolidation experience is important.
We are also looking for someone with strong verbal and written communication skills and can be able to communicate accounting language in a simple manner whilst building strong stakeholder relationships.
The principle of delivering continuous improvement is important to you, and you will be able to recognise and solve problems as they arise.