£65000.00 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + exceptional ER pension cont
4 months ago
Group Accounting Manager
This leading professional services client is a establlished global business with a sterling reputation in safety optimisation across multiple sectors. This is an opportunity to build your career within a Group function offering high visibility to support and interaction across the business.
Competitve salary, bonus and superb Employer Pension contribution plus wider Corporate benefits and hybrid working.
The Group Finance consists of four teams - Accounting, Tax, Treasury and FP&A. This role forms part of the Group Accounting team led by the Group Statutory Reporting Manager. The Group Accounting team work closely together and provide advice on a wide range of accounting issues including assessing forecast profitability of the group through sensitivity analyses; merger and acquisitions activity (through analysing results, review of completion accounts and post-acquisition accounting and system integration; and continuous process improvement. Other recent projects include advice on decommissioning the previous ERP system; revenue recognition and foreign exchange accounting on complex contracts; and accounting the disposal of a division.
The team are responsible for production of consolidated and subsidiary statutory financial statements. The team owns the Group Finance Manual and Chart of Accounts and works with Business controllers and GL teams to ensure a robust system of financial control is in place through management and review of monthly management accounts. Group Finance leads the accounting for all acquisition and disposal activity in addition to providing technical advice on the interpretation and commercial implementation of financial reporting standards under UK GAAP. Transactional finance are outsourced.
To support the Group Statutory Reporting Manager and his direct reports to ensure the Group and UK subsidiary statutory accounts are accurately prepared in a timely manner to comply with the UK companies and charities acts and to support their audit by the external auditor Deloitte.
- Lead the preparation of the consolidation and statutory accounts for the Group and selected UK subsidiaries to ensure they comply with FRS102 and the UK Companies Act (or Community Benefits Society Act) and are filed in line with the internal timetable
- Management of the overall analytical review summary to assist directors in their review of the group financial statements
- Liaise with and provide support across the global Finance functions in the implementation of Group accounting policies and, where required, processes
- Preparation and review of disclosure notes required for the Group, Foundation and subsidiary accounts
- Review of subsidiary accounts for accuracy before external audit
- Review of group management consolidation and group managed account balances on a monthly basis
- Liaise with the Group's external auditors as requested by the Group Statutory Accounting Manager
- Close collaboration with other teams in Group Finance (Group tax, Group treasury and Group FP&A
- Other ad-hoc projects as requested by the Group Statutory Reporting Manager, such as acquisition accounting, group re-organisations, process improvement projects
Technical / Professional Requirements:
- Essential - Experience of the close process, consolidation and production of Group and subsidiary financial statements for an international multicurrency business. (Several of the subsidiaries are effectively consolidated groups with extensive networks of international branches
Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with demonstrable up-to-date knowledge of:
- [Required]: Companies Act; UK GAAP (FRS102); and- [Required]: Experience of auditing/operating in an international finance function
- Experience of ERP and Management Information Systems
- Needs to be confident; influential; and be regarded as a trusted and credible resource by key stakeholders within finance
- An enthusiastic and committed team player who can establish and maintain strong relationships with the external audit team, members of the Finance teams and other associated central functions.
- Have a 'hands on' approach with good communication and other interpersonal skills
Ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships, both internally and externally and use these to inform organisational direction.
- Ability to drive results and operate effectively, demonstrating a sound skill in dealing with ambiguity