Bonus & Share options*
3 months ago
The Opportunity:our recruitment partner for this role."?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working exclusively as a recruitment partner for this role with Tokamak Energy in the recruitment of a Group Reporting Accountant to support the ambitious growth plans of the organisation.
The world needs a clean and reliable source of base-load energy. That's what we're striving to achieve at Tokamak Energy. Our route to fusion power is unique. We are taking established science and building on it by pioneering the use of spherical tokamaks in conjunction with high temperature superconductors (HTS).
Fusion - the energy source that powers the sun - is globally accepted as the best way to generate plentiful, safe, secure and clean energy. The tokamak is the most heavily researched and best understood of all the different paths to fusion.
It is now acknowledged that the spherical tokamak design offers the smallest and most cost-effective solution. This is our solution. Yet there are many complex engineering challenges that need to be overcome for demonstration and commercialisation of this technology. Our team of world-class fusion scientists and magnet engineers are tackling these challenges to develop efficient and affordable fusion power. Our unique approach is centred on rapid innovation using the latest materials and technology - but building on decades of scientific research and experience. This strategy gives us - and the world - a faster way to fusion.
Once fusion electricity is achieved, our scalable technology could be rolled out across the world as a solution to one of humanity's greatest challenges: clean and sustainable energy for all.
Tokamak Energy has a bold vision and requires an outstanding team to deliver it.
Overview of the role
This key role, reporting to the Financial Controller, is a new role that has been created to support our growing business and increasing financial reporting requirements. The business anticipates continued future growth, increased funding, increasing statutory compliance and internal reporting requirements and this role is key is building the financial infrastructure to capitalise upon and respond to these future changes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering financial statutory compliance, valuable internal reporting (management and cost reporting), cashflow forecasting, budgeting and forecasting and tax compliance for the Group and main operating company. The Group Accountant will work cross-functionally, playing a central role in continuing to embed the Finance team as a value-add department within the business.
Responsible for the delivery and development of the following areas:
- Group statutory reporting and consolidation, including audit process and liaison with external auditors
- Oversight of internal reporting including management accounts and project cost reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting, including cashflow forecasting
- Consolidation and management of financial Risk & Opportunity deck
- Tax compliance
- Staff management of 1 direct report (plus one indirect)
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Support Management accountant in payment process
You will be a Big 4/Big 6 practice trained, fully qualified accountant with a passion for reporting and >1 yrs post-qualified experience in industry.
- ACA qualified
- Audit and IFRS statutory consolidated financial statement experience with listed entities
- Strong internal and project cost reporting background
- Strong budgeting, forecasting and project reporting experience.
- Strong cashflow management skills
- Strong technical accounting background/experience
- Experience of tax compliance (R&D tax credit experience is advantageous)
- Ability to line manage effectively and develop staff
- Experience in high technology, engineering or high capex environments is beneficial
- Work with integrity, delivery focus and accountability
- An interest in our mission
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme