Coventry, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus
7 months ago
Are you seeking to develop your career as a Group Accountant ?
Are you an experienced auditor or Financial Accountant with a desire to further your career within a fast paced Utilities organisation? Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Group Accountant in Coventry who will work within the financial reporting team, supporting the reporting process, the provision of technical support, and accounting adjustments for the business.
What will I be responsible for?
The role is offering a confident individual an opportunity to join the business and expand their business partnering experience, be heavily involved in month end accounting and develop within a FTSE 100 Utilities group. This is a great role for an individual making a move from practice, as full support will be provided and gives high achievers a platform to move into commercial roles or senior positions with ease.
Day to day will include:
- Complete the preparation and analysis of month end business results
- Owner of integrity of management reporting pack
- Present results to CFO each period end, focusing on key actions taken and variances to budget/prior year
- Drive action from management accounts meetings across finance
- Owner of the process to update SAP with latest budgets and forecasts
- Provide financial input into the Annual and Interim statutory reports
- Owner of Finance, Legal and Exec cost centres, working with customers to input month end journals, formulate budgets and forecasts, and report on monthly performance
- Owner of stock provisions, financial processes relating to stock and adjustments to the stock file as required
- Owner of erosions and other adjustments to gross margin
- Technical advice and support provided to Finance and rest of the business
- Own the process of continuous improvement to the management information produced by Finance
- Business partner to stock loss initiative working party
- Accountable to external auditors for areas of responsibility
Is this Group Accountant in Coventry the right one for me?
To be successful within this role, you will be ACCA or ACA qualified with experience preparing financial accounts or making a first move into industry from practice. Communication skills will be essential and previous experience building relationships with non-finance members of staff will be an advantage. If you have strong excel, have an interest in detailed analysis and are constantly looking at how to improve processes - this could be an ideal first move.
The business are well known for progressing high achievers within their large finance function. Although titled as a Group Accountant, the day to day will see you business partnering regularly with the Head of Business Planning and the Finance Director, providing you with the relevant skill set to push into a Finance Business Partner or Reporting Manager role in the future.
Group Accountant in Coventry Package:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Company Pension
- 28 days holiday
- Private Healthcare