£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
11 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a high-growth business within the leisure sector, who are on the lookout for a Group Accountant.
You will play a crucial role within this private equity backed business, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting across the group.
Key responsibilities within the Group Accountant role:
- Prepare and consolidate financial statements for the group, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the month-end close process, including the review of journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations.
- Manage the intercompany reconciliation process and ensure timely resolution of any discrepancies.
- Collaborate with business units and finance teams to provide financial insights and support decision-making processes.
- Participate in the annual budgeting and forecasting processes, providing accurate and insightful financial analysis.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of robust financial controls and procedures.
- Support the external audit process, liaising with auditors and addressing any queries or issues that arise.
- Stay updated on accounting standards and industry trends, ensuring compliance and recommending process improvements.
Qualifications and experience required for this Group Accountant role:
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIMA) is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably within a private equity backed environment.
- Strong technical accounting skills and a solid understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Proficiency in using financial systems and software, with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.