Group Accountant - Birmingham - 40 - 50k + Bonus
Are you making a first move into Industry and looking for an organisation that offers various progression routes with the support needed to ensure success?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a service provider in Solihull who are looking for a Group Accountant to join their team and be responsible for all aspects of financial accounting, controls and a variety of projects.
As the Group Accountant the day to day will include ensuring the underlying financial records accurately reflect the results of all subsidiaries across the group, whilst also maintaining clear financial control and advising on all information provided by partners is accurate and in line with group polices.
The business have recently been acquired and have grown the business through acquisitions, which has identified a number of areas that need improvements and now offers an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Accountant who is looking to learn as much as possible, whilst adding lots of value. The finance team has 40 individuals across management accounting, m&a, financial accounts, and FP&A - Due to the rapid growth plans, progression into other functions is a realistic proposition.
Group Accountant responsibilities:
- To ensure the efficient completion of the periodic accounts process in respect of managed investment information, including posting accounting journals and production of supporting schedules as required;
- To review periodic Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring unusual transactions are queried with managed investment partners in a timely manner;
- Work with the investment partners and our internal teams to ensure that all necessary controls are adhered to, that we maintain a robust control of cash and that the relevant controls set out in the managed investment agreements etc are complied with;
- Be the primary point of contact for managed investment partners for any accounts queries, but also for any wider finance queries, redirecting as necessary;
- To advise on the technical aspects around accounting for the managed investment agreements, to include consolidation, minority interests, put and call options, related party transactions, etc;
- To assist in Group financial reporting, including the year-end process and the production of the annual report and financial statements;
- To produce the subsidiary statutory accounts, accurately and within agreed deadlines;
The Financial Accountant in Birmingham will suit an individual who is looking to take a first step into Industry and trained within an accountancy practice. An audit background would be beneficial or experience in preparing statutory accounts for a range of clients, alongside a keen eye for detail.
Group Accountant Package:
- £40,000 - £50,000
- 25 days holiday