£30000 - £45000.00 per annum + 25 days holiday + bens
25 days ago
Our client is a well-recognised UK Financial Services brand and a market leader in it's field. Due to a recent internal re-structure, our client is seeking their next graduate for their graduate program - and ideally soneone who is also able to demonstrate their passion for Excel and building Excel models and advanced Excel formulas. You are also likely to have gaoned some recent work experience, post-Univerity studies.
You will ideally be available at short notice for interviews and to start a role, and be able to offer recent experience of covering modelling, forecasting and analytics. You will also potentially have a finance background, and working with large data sets, in a complex environment.
This role will be home based initially, but the potential to move back to the Wokingham offices at some point within the 6 months.
The successful Data Analyst / MI Analyst / Financial Analyst will be responsible for:
- Working closely to support the Finance Team
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement - across spreadsheets, processes and systems etc
- Assist the Financial Planning and Analyst team with forecast Excel modelling and data manipulation
- Provide general modelling and analysis support for the finance and IT functions
- Support the finance and other teams to ensure processes and data quality are robust and of high quality
- Pro-actively liaise with a wide range of staff internally to obtain information/data required and make clear requests to ensure they are confidently acted upon
- Assist the Financial Planning team with month-end reporting
- On receipt of MI requests, clarify the requirements and prioritise and plan the workload
Essential profile for the successful Data Analyst / Financial Analyst / MI Analyst:
- Preferably experience of working in a similar role within the Financial Services industry (but not essential)
- High class analytical skills - potentially a finance or IT background, but possessing a strong Maths/numbers background
- Able to manage multiple work streams
- Excellent Excel modelling skills with advanced formulas
- Strong presentation skills
- Detail orientated to ensure high quality output
In return, my client can offer a superb benefits package (25 days holiday, health care, dental plan, life-assurance, and potential extension beyond the initial 6 month contract).
Please get in touch for further information and for a full job spec. This role is to be hired on a 6 month FTC basis, so ideally you will be available at short notice to commence this Financial Analyst / MI Analyst role. Initially this role will be based at home, with a plan to return to the Wokingham office prior to the end of the 6 months.