£22000 - £27000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with an expanding national services firm looking to recruit an Assistant Commercial Analyst to join their established Finance team in Norton Canes following recent business growth. The role will be on a permanent basis and the successful candidate can expect a salary of £22,000 - £27,000 per annum.
The successful candidate will produce robust analysis and reporting and be responsible for providing insightful information to enable quality decisions. The role holder will be expected to analyse and understand trends along with the underlying performance of the company key KPI's to support internal growth initiatives. You will be welcomed into a fun and vibrant office with scope to add value to the business in a key finance role.
Graduate applicants welcome - you must be able to demonstrate commercial awareness, have strong Excel skills and the ability to manage large quantities of data.
Assistant Commercial Analyst Key Responsibilities:
- Review the Brand Performance for catering, retail and grocery, including relevant customer trends and behaviours
- Produce site performance reviews, to include identification of transaction drivers by brand and sites as a whole. Using available traffic, turn-in and footfall data to identify improvement opportunities
- Price benchmarking support and impact analysis, including analysing the impact of promotions of profitability
- Producing weekly and monthly performance reports
- Work alongside the commercial team to drive profitability and support wider brand strategies
- Produce weekly and monthly reports on both brand performance and new brand initiatives
- Generate pricing modelling and support for the catering and retail brands
- Understanding the impact of external factors when reviewing brand performance
- Detailed post completion reviews to demonstrate complete understanding of impacts of marketing and brand initiatives for both the brand and the wider business
- Provide commercial analysis for other areas of the business where required, for example hotels
- Support and analysis of the annual budgets and periodic forecasting
- Produce reports based on ad hoc requests using a commercial mindset and ensuring reports are delivered in a timely manner
Skills & experience:
- Multi-site retail or catering experience
- Strong Excel skills, including modelling
- Qlikview experience would be ideal but not essential
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving attitude
- Confident with pricing - bench marking
- Ability to liaise comfortably and confidently with non-finance managers within the business when explaining analysis and trends
- Self motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team when required to meet team deadlines to a high standard
- Respond positively and pro-actively when change is required
To apply for the Assistant Commercial Analyst position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.