Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with this market leading SME in London City, in search of a Governance specialist. In a growing Governance team, there is a requirement for a proactive, organised and personable Governance Senior Associate to work closely with the Senior Company Secretaries in the department, and be responsible for the Junior members. You will also support the coordination of work with other departments in the wider company.
The role is challenging and varied and needs a confident, self-motivated person with great organisational skills and attention to detail. Reporting into the Head of Governance, you will be responsible for a small Junior team. The Governance Team instils Corporate Governance best practices and helps comply with their customers obligations under Company Law, thereby enabling the business to concentrate on their core business activities.
Your duties as a Governance Senior Associate includes:
- Delivering effective and efficient Company Secretarial services across the business.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with clients from various jurisdictions and sectors.
- Management of a small team of junior colleagues.
- Assisting in significant corporate projects.
- Responsibility for dealing with external advisors / service providers, including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and registrars as required.
- Supporting the close working relationships cross department within the company.
- Setting up new companies, bank account opening, registering for VAT, ICO registration and Health & Safety.
- Evaluating and Brokering insurance needs for clients.
- Attending Board Meetings, taking minutes and advising on Corporate Governance issues.
- Advising Directors on their duties and responsibilities and ensuring they are compliant with the statutes, constitutional documents and their company's internal governance policies.
- Assisting with the UK aspects of corporate reorganisations, mergers & acquisitions, rationalisations, strike-offs.
- Reviewing and maintaining Diligent Entities / internal corporate databases.
- Filing all statutory documentation at Companies House.
- 3+ years' experience working within a company secretarial, governance or legal environment.
- Experience of working with international clients / companies.
- Knowledge of Company Secretarial practices.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a customer-driven attitude.
- Flexible and adaptive approach to work, ability to offer pragmatic advice.
- Robust individual who will question and investigate processes and outcome.
What's On Offer?
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000
- 10% Bonus
- 25 days holiday (+ 8 Statutory)
- Hybrid working (1 -2 days in the office)
- Flexible hours
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, then please apply direct, or call Sophie Evans, Gleeson Recruitment, on 07812 079718.