£36000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + + 25 days holiday + bens
4 months ago
General Ledger Accountant - Part Qualified or Qualified By Experience
Location: East Reading
We are proud to be working with our well regarded Hi-Tech client who require a General Ledger Accountant for their friendly, experienced finance team in East Reading. This is a newly created role, that sits within the General Ledger team of 12, and required the individual to have recent and relevant experience of working in a similar role, ideally with extensive reconciliations and month-end experience.
You may well be qualified by experience, or actively studying - but you must be a confident General Ledger Accountant with a passion for systems, attention to detail, and supporting the wider finance function.
Your role will be varied, challenging and exciting and will include:
- Reporting to the Finance Director
- Monthly reconciliation of the main balance sheet accounts
- Ensure all the p&l accounts are accureateely recorded each month
- Process monthly journas
- Identify discrepances where needed and make adjustments in the various systems as appropriate
- Provide busines partnering with the other internal finance and non-finance teams including operations and purchasing teams, to ensure controls and procedures are followed at all times
- Extensive month-end activities
- Daily use of Oracle and Excel (Pivot tables and V Look ups are preferred)
The successful General Ledger Accountant will ideally offer experience from working within a larger corporate business, with a high attention to detail and be able to tackle problems with ease. This is a unique role to join an award-winning, growing business, where you will receive superb benefits (25 days holiday, pension, health-care, and study support if needed).
Our client is currently working from home, with a view to returning to the office potentially 1-2 days per week from September. Ideally you will be based fairly locally to the East Reading Office, but remote working for the perfect candidate may also be considered. Please contact me for a full job spec.