Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading financial services business in Birmingham in search of Fund Accountant. These are new positions that offer great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to the entire business. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded fund accountant to join their business to support across front, middle and back-office functions these functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Fund Accountant you will report into the head of the department and is responsible for the following:
- Prepare complex quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with the relevant accounting standards (IFRS and GAAP)
- Develop a clear understanding of client reporting requirements, processes and associated governance documents
- Maintain accounting records and ensure accuracy and completeness of data
- Develop knowledge of existing processes and procedures to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Contribute to the timely completion of audit and tax engagements through provision of required deliverables for review, and preparation of query responses.
- Prepare performance reports and investor deliverables. Input into responses to investor queries
- Prepare complex investment reconciliations, leverage and interest calculations
- Provide liquidity monitoring calculation support
The ideal candidate for this role may have already acted as a management accountant previously, or is ready to make their second move following a move from practice to industry:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience with FS/Banking.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied accountancy at university level.
What's on offer?
- Salary of £45,000/50,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!