Car, Bonus, Pension, Flexi bens
about 2 months ago
You will contribute significantly to the delivery and continuous improvement of financial planning cycle and by providing insightful commercial analysis to drive and improve business performance
- Lead the financial aspects of the strategic plan cycle, with a focus on increasing the integration between finance and strategy. Ensure that all key stakeholders are informed and engaged throughout the planning cycle
- Lead the annual budget process from planning through to delivery to the board including collation, review and preparation of the board reporting for the budget each year.
- Lead the rollout of proposed new financial planning system, interfacing with both internal finance teams working on the project and external suppliers.
- Work closely with senior members of Group and Divisional Finance organisations in order effectively deliver the various elements of the Group's planning cycle and to drive improved business performance.
- Deliver insightful analysis of key metrics from each of the strategic plan, budget and monthly forecast processes to aid the active performance management of the business.
- Develop a strong understanding of the input cost mechanics, including monitoring and understanding the impact of changes in external variables on Group performance.
- Managing the professional development of junior team members, including a Group Finance graduate
- Challenge current processes to identify and implement new ways of working to improve efficiency, robustness and usefulness of forecasting and budgeting, and champion sharing of best practice across the business.
- Proactively assist and trouble-shoot with local finance teams in Europe and the US, as and when required.
- Undertake ad hoc analysis in support of key business initiatives and projects, working with project stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective delivery
- Qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE
- Experience within an FP&A role demonstrating a strong commercial outlook and the ability to gain credibility quickly
- Experience of Hyperion Financial Management is preferred
- Experience with planning system roll-out is preferred
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across the business with senior colleague Proven leadership background with the ability to balance working collaboratively with the need to be assertive when required
- Essential Skills:
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability quickly to grasp the big picture and exhibit judgement in drawing conclusions and solving problems
- Delivery focused with high standards and a proactive attitude
- Good business understanding, the ability to link financial data to business performance, identify issues and the determine the underlying drivers
- Proven track record of driving change and improving business processes
- Self-sufficient with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Able to manipulate, analyse and model large volumes of data and identify key issues
- Able to "roll sleeves up" and get into the detail as appropriate, without losing the overview
- Able to debate issues and "stand ground" when appropriate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders