Coventry, West Midlands
£30000 - £34000 per annum
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a prestigious client in Coventry. We are recruiting a Fixed Asset Finance Analyst - a new and exciting role within our Finance Transformation team. You will be joining a growing team and will have the opportunity to take a lead role in driving value at a critical time, both internally and externally.
You'll be a key contributor to driving value add analyses, improve our processes and controls, and support finance and other teams across the Society in generating actionable insight and analyses on the critical processes that will need to be improved and migrated to the new ERP system and working methods.
You will take responsibility for the following areas:
- Detailed analysis of the fixed and intangible assets register/ list of qualifying costs
- Identify any accounting adjustments by validating asset value, to be applied in the existing system to simplify or improve in advance of migration
- Identify and recommend any changes in practices or policy that would make the approach to fixed and intangible assets more efficient and effective, whilst maintaining compliance with standards
- Work closely with business partners and the financial accounting team to ensure the work is in line with accounting policy, the control framework and business expectations
- Make sure any issues are identified, escalated and dealt with prior to the migration date
- Assist other work-streams with detailed analysis and reconciliation of data in preparation of migration to the new ERP and improved working methods.
You will be used to preparing detailed technical analysis and communicating the results to stakeholders in a simple and straight forward way. You will have advanced excel skills and enjoy working with others to solve complex technical challenges.
The successful individual will be working towards an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) have relevant experience within Financial Operations / Accounting / Control or within accountancy practice.
We will expect to you to have the following key attributes:
- Strong service culture, focused on delivering exceptional service and support for your stakeholders
- Focused on delivering value add outputs and analyses
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Evidence of ability to translate complex analyses into simple actionable management information across all levels of the organisation
- Strong IT skills, including advanced use of Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Cultivate an environment of collaboration, innovation and sharing of ideas