£38000.00 - £44000.00 per annum + study support
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is supporting a global manufacturing brand, with a head office in Burton on Trent, and assisting with their need to recruit a Fixed Asset Accountant on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for a part or fully qualified accountant to take ownership of their role through process improvements and efficiency's. Depending on experience the successful candidate can expect a salary of up to £44,000 per annum.
Hybrid working is on offer, with the opportunity to work from home 2 x per week, other additional benefits include, 33 days annual leave, pension and life insurance.
Working as part of the Head Office finance team, responsibilities will include the following:
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with the corporate Fixed Asset Policy and Processes
- Liaise with Local Function Heads and European HQ Investment team during MP/OP process & maintain European HQ reporting system
- Report Capital project approvals and expenditure to Local Function Heads
- Risk management and Internal Controls Framework for capital expenditure accounting
- Recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposals of fixed assets.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset register to the relevant accounts in the general ledger.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Demonstrable experience within fixed asset management (large corporate environment desirable)
- Good technical financial accounting skills with knowledge of internal controls
- A high proficiency in Excel is essential. Experience of SAP is very desirable, although training will be given
- Fully flexible, able to meet deadlines and often at short notice
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to connect with people at different levels in different functions.
- Able to demonstrate analytical skills (understanding and interpreting information)
To apply for the Fixed Asset Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.