Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £50000 per annum + Pension, healthcare, parking
about 1 month ago
Excellent new opportunity for a Financial Systems Accountant, to join a successful global PLC, with a UK turnover of c£75m, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. This is an excellent time to be joining the business as they continue to grow and take market share worldwide, staying at the forefront of technology.
The Financial Systems Accountant will manage the control and integrity of the financial information systems (Cognos TM1) and processes, in particular ensuring that data interfaces operate efficiently and subsequent management information provided to support decision making is accurate and timely.
The Financial Systems Accountant key responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of delivering data to Cognos TM1 and other Finance administered systems, including performing necessary control reconciliations and resolving data anomalies and exceptions.
- Support the Finance team in providing concise and relevant monthly management information to management and key stakeholders.
- Execute month end responsibilities to enable the close and reporting of ledgers.
- Design and maintain Cognos TM1 budgeting and forecasting models to meet requirements captured from end user requests.
- Drive the development of insightful financial analysis and identify opportunities for the Finance function to add value.
- Embed a culture of seeking to continuously improve processes and be an advocate of change within a growing organisation.
- Manage the upgrade and development of Finance administered systems, including Cognos TM1.
- Advise on changes necessary to security or models, to ensure appropriate segregation of duties or to improve efficiency, accuracy or effectiveness of models.
- Provide information requested by internal or external auditors and address any financial system recommendations made.
- Design and lead training on Finance administered systems.
The successful Financial Systems Accountant will ideally be a qualified or part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) or qualified by experience (QBE) with strong Systems Accounting experience, specifically within Cognos TM1.
In person we seek someone who is flexible and willing to adapt to changing business demands; who can focus on quality, timely delivery and continuous improvement. You will have excellent communication skills, a team player, someone who can build and maintain relationships quickly, and with a clear ability to plan and prioritise to ensure targets are achieved or exceeded.
The package on offer for the Financial Systems Accountant will very much depend on previous experience and qualification level, therefore the base salary is likely to be between £35,000 - £50,000 (TBC). The business can also offer a defined contribution pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, free parking, and other benefits that will financially enhance your package.
To apply for the Financial Systems Accountant role in Sheffield, please apply with your most recent CV to this advert at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Please note, this Financial Systems Accountant role is based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, and is also easily commutable from Chesterfield, Matlock, the Peak District in North Derbyshire; Worksop, Mansfield, North Nottinghamshire; Rotherham and Doncaster areas.