Overview: Financial Reporting - Senior Manager
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting with the recruitment for a Financial Reporting - Senior Manager within a Coventry based, industry leading organisation who are just about to commence with a significant transformation project (that you gain exposure to)
About the Role
The role will be pivotal in taking ownership of the financial reporting procedures, leading the audit process and managing and developing the team.
This is an exciting time to join the business as they are working on a significant programme of change and transformation. You will have the opportunity to be part of and shape this transformation of finance.
Responsibilities: Financial Reporting - Senior Manager
- Managing month end reporting including review of journals and oversight of the group consolidation
- Managing external reporting including Annual Report and Interim Financial Statements
- Oversight of transformation and improvements as they apply to Financial Reporting
- Application of technical accounting judgement, preparation of technical accounting papers for Board Audit Committee
- Oversight or preparation of accounting entries for key accounting areas for the Group
- Preparation of financial statements for the group
- Ownership of the group's accounting policies
- Main point of contact for external auditors
- Managing and developing a team
- Inputting into the future strategy and development of the Reporting function
Skills & Experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA) with strong post qualification experience
- An audit background with management experience would be advantageous
- Excellent IT skills including Excel.
- People management and leadership experience.
- Strong experience of IFRS accounting standards, IFRS 9 and IAS 39 advantageous but not essential for a strong candidate.
What's on offer?
Salary of £65,000 + Car allowance + Bonus
The environment is also tremendously flexible with hybrid working - with the option of up to four days a week working from home.