Financial Reporting Manager - Central Birmingham - 50 - 60k + Bonus, great pension and additional benefits.
Gleeson Recruitment Group are support a Financial Services organisation in Birmingham to recruit a Financial Reporting Manager to join their growing head office team.
The role is a technical one and needs an ACCA or ACA qualified Accountant who has a keen interest in Banking, is looking for a role that will offer technical challenges, and exposure to a variety of senior stake holders.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that ongoing IFRS 9 global program design and reporting requirements are met, review and challenge (when required) proposals whilst inputting into the new streamlined reporting process.
- Completing detailed analysis over complex data sets and driving remediation activities.
- Developing an in depth understanding of the technical accounting and credit risk requirements involved in the IFRS 9 impairment calculation.
- Understanding complex systems and data flows involved in the process.
- Operation of key SOX controls
- Provide the various stakeholders with the right level of information and recommendations, underpinned by quality analysis for decision making.
Experience within Financial Services would be an advantage, however, not essential. A background in practice and previous knowledge of working in a PLC will be a benefit.
Package on offer:
- £50,000 -£60,000
- Private Healthcare
- Flexi Hours