Up to £45000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Are you someone who is keen to get into a Financial Reporting role? Looking for your first move from Practice into industry? If so I could have the job for you! This Financial Reporting Manager opportunity within a national not for profit will give you the opportunity to use your technical skills and develop your commercial abilities. The role also has a direct line report so you will be supported to develop your management skills too!
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be exclusively partnered with a large not for profit based in Birmingham city centre on this Financial Reporting Manager role. Alongside the monthly and annual reporting you will also be involved in stakeholder management and ensuring the continued high performance of the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to step into one of the most recognisable not for profits in the UK - the potential for development and growth is massive.
What's On Offer?
- Package Up to £45,000
- Flexible working - hybrid working - 1 or 2 days in the office per week
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits
- As Financial Reporting Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Monthly management accounts, Annual Financial Statements, VAT returns
- Public Sector Whole of Government Accounts reporting
- Key delivery of compliance reporting including monthly and annual financial information
- Shaping the process, procedures, and workload of the Systems Accountant and Financial Accountant to support you in delivery of high quality, timely financial reporting
- Foster key relationships both within Finance, ensuring that you keep up to speed on organisational developments and objectives with a view to how the team can best support colleagues
- Lead the team on include management accounting, year-end reporting, treasury management and system development
- Build and develop the capability of Finance colleagues by taking an active role in increasing the sharing of knowledge, skills, and experience across the department
- Through effective stakeholder engagement and management, you will deliver excellent customer service and use feedback to improve what we do whilst also drawing on your own learning and experience
- Other Non-Departmental Public Bodies information requests
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Fully qualified accountant with relevant experience in a finance role
- Management accounting and year-end reporting, treasury management
- Experience of a range of approaches to financial management and systems, familiarity with government accounting including annual reporting requirements
- Experience of leading and developing teams with particular focus on financial and commercial skills
- Experience of working with external and internal auditors to ensure processes and reporting are compliant with appropriate accounting standards
- Excellent planning and organising skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly and respond quickly to changing requirements
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
If this sounds like something you would be keen to explore, I would love to hear from you - either click to apply or give me a call!