Financial Reporting Manager
£60000 - £70000 per annum
10 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are now supporting a FTSE Listed company with a forever expanding global presence, in the recruitment for a Financial Reporting Manager, based in Birmingham.
This is a great time to join a leading organisation with continuing growth plans and projects, alongside an ongoing vision of bringing sustainability to the heart of their business.
Job Purpose - Financial Reporting Manager
As the Financial Reporting Manager you will be responsible for assessing the correct accounting and budgetary treatment for routine and complex transactions, preparing and reviewing accounting papers for divisions with varying levels of accountancy knowledge. You'll be providing a key role in the preparation of the Group's annual and interim financial statements, as well as assisting with the consolidation of the monthly results.
- Active involvement in new projects/business change to ensure that accounting implications are fully understood.
- Reviewing and preparing accounting papers from across the group.
- Presenting or supporting presenters on financial reporting matters at training events.
- Maintenance of the Group's finance manual
- Co-ordinating regular dialogue with divisions to be able to advise on technical accounting matters and support their documentation of unusual or complex transactions and judgements
- Assist with the consolidation of the Group's monthly results and preparation of the board pack
- Half yearly reporting - preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Annual reporting - playing a key role in the annual audit process and the production of annual statutory accounts
- Taking ownership of more technical areas of accounting, with focus on equity, cash flow, foreign exchange
- Responsibility for the completion of a small number of subsidiary statutory accounts (FRS 101)
- Review of IFRS 16 lease reporting and administration of the leasing system
- Assisting the business on ad-hoc queries on accounting technical matters such as impairment, onerous contracts, leasing.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACA would be advantageous)
- Strong technical background and skillset (IFRS)
- Experience of accounting for technical areas such as impairment, onerous contracts, share based payments, leasing, revenue recognition.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical accounting matters in clear and simple terms to various stakeholders, including those with non-financial background
- Good at Excel and Power point