Financial Reporting Manager - 45 - 55k + Bonus - Gaydon
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with an Automotive manufacturer in Warwickshire who are looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to join the business. The organisation has grown over the past few years due to an increase in production and a number of new models released. The organisation has a finance function that consists of close to 100 individuals and offers a range of internal progression opportunities in their UK head office.
The Financial Reporting Manager role will have a specific focus on Inventory reporting and will require a Qualified Accountant who can build relationships across the business and has a keen interest in improving processes and keen to progress.
The role would suit an individual who is ACCA, ACA or CIMA Qualified and an understanding of working in a fast paced PLC environment or previous experience working with Inventory or stock.
Package on offer:
- £45,000 - £55,000
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Car Schemes
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure period-end inventory and Cost of Sales elements of the financial statements are complete, accurate and closed in a timely manner within internal/external guidelines.
- Support the Director of Group Financial Control with the external tax accounting and reporting.
- Drafting of key audit committee documents, including technical analysis papers.
- Oversight of all aspects of Inventory Accounting - additions, transfers, write-offs, obsolescence provisioning, physical car audits, inventory counts etc. This includes review of Cost of Sales journals as parts and vehicles are sold at month-end to ensure that revenue recognised has the equivalent costs in the Profit & Loss account.
- Responsibility for the month-end accounting of inventory by type (parts & components, WIP, finished vehicles & CSVs)
- Working closely with operational personnel - stores, MP&L, Purchasing, Finance etc to maintain integrity of the inventory listings versus the values held in the accounting system.
- Oversight and interrogation of BOMs used to ensure accurate reporting.
- Leading the periodic inventory counting processes, including liaising with external and internal auditors as required.
- Future scope to improve the current inventory IT system with the view of improving the efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness of Inventory reporting.