Coventry, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + 15% Bonus, Pension & Healthcare
7 months ago
The delivery of Net Zero by 2050 requires an unprecedented amount of change, investment alongside collaboration and our partner is committing as a business to rising to that challenge.
This business has quickly established itself as a key facilitator for the UK's transition into a low carbon emission economy and so we are very excited to be working with one of the UK's biggest energy distribution firms.
Due to an internal promotion our partner is seeking to appoint a Financial Reporting Manager to their team based in Coventry. This is an excellent role for someone seeking a wide breadth of exposure and responsibilities in a rapidly growing & transformative energy sector business.
You will lead a team in providing support the Board and the Audit Committee by the provision of prompt, accurate and relevant financial information to enable effective decision making. As part of this support, your team will ensure that all statutory and regulatory reporting is delivered within the required deadlines and that a robust control environment is maintained to ensure the reporting is accurate.
As this position will be responsible for overseeing and preparing high-quality financial reporting, prior exposure to running a financial reporting team or large audit team is required alongside practical experience of accounting and reporting pronouncements (including UK GAAP and IFRS.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of statutory reporting for multiple legal entities. This will include any related Interim requirements and quarterly reporting to the consortium of shareholders.
- Provide the financial support to the Board and Audit Committee including supporting initiatives including dividends, financing and regulatory finance matters.
- Review monthly reporting performed by the team using consolidation systems.
- Manage the external audit process, including the external audit of financial returns submitted to regulators and the banks, resolving queries and issues raised by auditors and regulatory bodies.
- Interpret and disseminate accounting policies and new accounting standards to the business, ensuring their implementation in Finance. Establish training and support processes, providing expert accounting advice to all parts of the business to ensure compliance and maximisation of value to the business.
- Lead the financial reporting team of four in key group accounting areas such as IFRS 16, supporting any treasury refinancing requirements, assisting with covenant compliance and any other key areas.
- Lead and develop a highly motivated, innovative and customer focused Finance team.
- Assist the high-quality documenting of end-to-end processes and controls to meet Regulatory compliance requirements.
To find out more, please apply with your most up to date CV.