£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Bonus and Benefits,8% match pension
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a FTSE listed Manufacturing operation based in Stourport-On-Severn who are recruiting for a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) to join them as the Financial Reporting Manager on a permanent basis.
OVERVIEW & SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Financial Reporting Manager will be an integral member of the UK Finance Shared Service Centre (SSC) and will partner with varied positions and functions within the global organisation n to deliver all aspects of Group financial reporting. This role will report into the UK Finance SSC Financial Controller, with a dotted line to the Group Financial Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES: Financial Reporting Manager
- Reporting of Head Office (Central) & Global Business Unit (GBU) costs in line with Group reporting timetable (to include actuals, budgets, forecasting, cash flow & variance analysis), utilising site ERP accounting system and Group Consolidation system.
- Full responsibility of Head Office GL including provisioning, journals, currency revaluation & full balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for the preparation of Company only statutory accounts. Responsible for managing and overseeing statutory accounts of numerous satellite companies.
- Drive Head Office budget process, working with the Group Financial Controller and various functional heads. Support in the budget presentation to senior stakeholders.
- Line manager for two direct reports and one dotted line report. Provide cover including group netting payments, intercompany recharges, treasury bank reconciliations, FX trade confirmations, and monthly reporting.
- Co-ordinate treasury & payroll deduction payments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Build strong relationships with Treasury, Tax, Pensions and reporting functions to ensure we understand and can support the improvement of current processes and transactions.
- Partner and support central functions in cost reporting, budget variances, process improvements and ad hoc projects.
- Review and submission of annual PSA/P11D submissions
- Annual tax pack preparation
- Preparation & submission of National Statistic Returns
- Ownership & control of fixed asset register
- Any other tasks that may be requested by the Group Financial Controller and UK SSC Financial Controller
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND: Financial Reporting Manager
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA / ACA) with a strong technical background
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- ERP: Integrated ERP experience advantageous
- Strong intellect with an ability to rapidly identify key issues, to see the big picture and apply the "common sense" test
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to work with a diverse team in terms of seniority and function under minimal supervision.
- Able to influence people at all levels of the organisation and secure their buy in and commitment
For more information please do get in touch