Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with an international manufacturing business based in Wolverhampton. They are on the lookout for a Financial Reporting Manager, with an international remit, across Europe and the US. This is an exciting time for the business, with huge expansion plans. There is growth potential within the organisation for progression, into business partnering and FP&A positions, within the wider group.
This is a perfect role for someone who was trained in practice (top 10) and moved into industry, or someone who is currently working in practice and is looking for their first move into industry.
This business offers a true hybrid working environment, with at least 2 days a week from home, with very occasional travel to the States. Due to the nature of the business, you would ideally have experience of working in either an engineering or manufacturing environment.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Manager position:
- Management of SOX gap assessment for the UK sites
- Pro-active management and identification of controls issues
- Subject matter expert for all internal controls on the sites, including the review of all other internal controls deliverables
- Prepare and lead all accounting and control assessments with all internal colleagues
- Preparation of internal audit reviews
- Oversight of balance sheets, including balance sheet reviews and quarterly reporting on key accounting areas
- Responsibility for all technical accounting on different UK sites
- Work and engage with the external auditors on technical accounting and internal controls matters
Key requirements for the Financial Reporting Manager position:
- You must be either CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- Ideally, you will have worked within practice for a top 10 accountancy firm
- Proven experience of internal controls and audit
- US GAAP experience is an advantage
- You must have experience or the ability to work and communicate within a complex matrix organisation