Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with an International organisation who have an opportunity for a Financial Reporting and Controls Accountant to join the business. The role sits amongst the FP&A team and is tasked with the delivery of local & central reporting through creation of various financial reports.
Before you fall asleep and think "oh god, not another boring desk bound reporting role", the team have recently been through a restructure, which has created a number of new opportunities for confident and outgoing Accountants. Some of the fun stuff will include building relationships across the commercial team, supporting them with new business cases, digging into the detail and then discussing it with the relevant team (rather than hiding behind an email), and supporting the delivery of the three year plan set by Group.
Although they are part of a larger group, the business still has a warm and welcoming feel with many longstanding members. Every day is dress down, so don't feel you have to be suited and booted every day, however, flip flops and shorts isn't advised, considering the CFO sits within the open plan office !
Some of the day to day is listed below, but let's be honest - it will likely change when you actually sit there and do the job:
- Support the delivery of local and central reporting through creation of reports, reconciliations and data quality controls to ensure that all submissions are accurate and comply with group and local guidelines.
- Maintaining control log for Senior Manager to support delivery and adherence to group requirements.
- Assist in production of detailed analysis and presentations for 3 year plans, budgets and forecasts intended for local or group senior management.
- Support the production of management information tables and waterfalls for inclusion in Local Management Reporting, Group Reporting & Board Packs
- Maintain policies and procedures as appropriate, identify weaknesses in processes and introduce improvements
- Completing and reviewing month end journals and forecast models on an ad hoc basis, if required.
- Produce a suite of process documentation and process flow charts for all Management Control processes, and ensure it is widely adopted and regularly maintained within the team.
Feel free to give me a call to discuss this further if you have any questions.
Package on offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical